My 2012 Favorite Beauty Products

Hi Beauties, As 2012 is coming to a close, i thought to review this year by posting about some beauty products that i have loved. They aren...

Hi Beauties,
As 2012 is coming to a close, i thought to review this year by posting about some beauty products that i have loved. They aren't a lot but these are products i find myself constantly reaching out for and they seem to be working very well for me and i would gladly recommend them to anyone.

#1- MUA Undressed Palette
My ultimate favorite eye shadow palette this year has been the MUA Undressed palette. I don't know if it's because its an exact dupe for the popular Urban Decay Naked Palette. It's such a great bargain as the Naked palette retails for £36.00 whiles the Undressed palette retails for only £4.00, wow! It's creamy, super pigmented and i love the colour pay-off. It is versatile with a mixture of matte and shimmery eye shadows and can be used for daytime and nighttime looks as well. The only down side to it is that it creases so you would need an eye primer to prevent it from creasing. It is featured in my recent fotd: face of the day posts. It is being sold at Superdrug or online at the MUAstore which happens to ship internationally.



Urban Decay Naked Palette Dupe
MUA Undressed Palette


#2- Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge- aka- Beauty Blender Dupe
I thank God for this amazing invention. It is a makeup sponge with a difference. It helps to apply your makeup and blends it to perfection. It gives an absolutely flawless finish. I got mine from Superdrug for £4.99 definitely a bargain because the original beauty blender is about £20.00. There are some being sold on ebay for way less but i find those sponges to be firmer and more dense than the Cosmopolitan one which is softer. I'd recommend this sponge esp. the one from Superdrug. For a more in-depth review click here.

Beauty Blender Dupe
Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge


#3- NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skintone
This a MUST HAVE in my eye shadow regimen. As i have recently developed some eye makeup skills, i require a primer that would not only allow the eye shadows pop or enhance their colour but most importantly prevent creasing hence ensuring that my eye makeup lasts all day. The NYX eye shadow base in skintone is a creamy base that dries matte. It goes on the lid very smoothly and is very easy to use. A little bit goes a very long way and as such it is very good to have as it would last very long time. I cannot fault this little genius in a pot. NYX also has the eye shadow base in two other shades; Pearl and White.
NYX Eye Shadow Base


#4- Me Now (MN) Pencil liner Set- NYX Pencil dupes
Need i say more about these amazing NYX Pencil dupes? You cannot go wrong with them. I got them for £4.99 but they have recently gone up to £5.59...... hmmmmm!!!! Still to get a set of 12 different pigmented pencil liners for that price is an absolute bargain. There is a wide range of colours to choose from with some good dupes, say the deep purple one is a dupe for MAC Nightmoth, hehehe! Although they are not super creamy they do go on the lips pretty much easily and serves as a good base for your lipsticks. I sometimes wear these alone together with lipgloss and i'm good to go. I would recommend to anyone who can get their hands on them.
NYX Lip Pencil Dupes
Me Now (MN) Pencil Liners


#5- Red Lipsticks
My love for red lips have sent me one the search to look for red lips to suit dark skin tones as i believe that red lips suits everyone with the will power to rock it. Dark skin tones are ususally scared of the bright reds yes but we should rather be on the lookout for more blue or cool toned red lipsticks as they suit us more. I have also for now refused to part with £14.00 for the famous MAC Ruby Woo as it seems my Milani Lipstick in Energized is a dupe (lol! me and dupes). My search led me to try MUA shade 1 and MUA Lip boom in Bring it on. These two lipsticks are cool toned reds and compliment very much dark skin tones. Oh! and it makes the teeth appear whiter too!. They are both the same shade but have different finishes. Shade 1 is moisturizing whiles Bring it on is matte. I love both and use them depending on what kind of finish i need. The Shade is costs £1.00 whiles the lip boom costs £3.00.
MUA Lipstick Shade 1
Left: Lip Boom in Bring it on // Right: MUA Shade 1


There are other frequently used beauty products, however these i find are my favs. I would always re-purchase and recommend. Which beauty products have you loved this year? Pls share. Thanx for reading!

xoxo.
Annette

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I am just getting into make-up now and I love it. Nothing better than feeling beautiful as a woman. I love your braids. your hair grew fast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww thank you! a lil makeup never hurt nobody...... Oh its been 6 mnths since my Big chop, i think the progress is good lol!

      Delete
  2. I still havent caught the make-up fever....lol! They look like a great collection though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! thats the word for it! Fever, Lol! Pls indulge on this one, it doesnt hurt, hehehehe! thank you!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. You have some great choices here at excellent prices. I miss Superdrug so much now that I've left London and that MUA palette looks great. It's hard to narrow it down to just one but I was pleasantly surprised by Wet 'n' Wild lipsticks last year, in addition to E.L.F brushes and my beloved red lipsticks (NARS "Dragon Girl" in particular).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha I am such a bargain freak! Yes i miss Superdrug too now that am in Gh, good thing about MUA is that you can order online as they ship internationally, they also have offers for free shipping at times and at the moment offering 50% off their products so kindly check out their page on facebook too, I asked a friend of mine to order some wet n wild lipsticks and so i am looking forward to trying them out! Have never tried Nars either.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, pls feel free to comment, contribute or ask questions xoxo Annette

Instagram