Hair of the Day : Loose Braids

Hi beauties, So i happen to be back home in the motherland, Ghana, and where else than to get your hair done very well and for less. I ha...

Hi beauties,
So i happen to be back home in the motherland, Ghana, and where else than to get your hair done very well and for less. I had been eyeing loose braids for some time now and opted for that. I used 3 packs of New Golden's Expression kanekalon braiding hair in colour 2 and colour violet. It took about 3 and half hours to get them done which i believe is relatively quick. Even tho the weather is hot i still choose to get super long braids. Long hair don't care! lol! Anyways for more deets on the makeup check here.

Style 1 - I call it Pineapple in the basket lol!


Created a bun from the first hairstyle

Let the hair loose!

The braids are actually butt length lol 

So with this protective style, i intend to keep the braids in for at most 4 weeks after which i'll take them down. I only use light oils, olive oil, to provide nourishment because i want to prevent build-up as i would not be washing them. Because of the length, i simply coil it into my satin scarf when going to bed.
Also i realized that my natural hair pops out of the braids which gives the braids a frizzy look. It may be due to the fact that i didnt blow out my hair prior to braiding. This is my first set of braids after going natural hopefully the next set would be better and would be able to last longer. 
If you are in Gh and interested to braid this style, contact me and i'll give you details on the hairstylist. 

Anyways please what are some tips on preventing braids from getting frizzy. Pls Kindly share. Until next time, keep on being fab,
xoxo,
Annette                                                

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Hi, I never knew you blogged. Nice hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. M so loving the eyeshadows on the picture you wrote(let the hair loose,gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. u look so good dear. Your hair grew so much. Now I wan braids too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx dear, when you come home for a visit i'll hook you up, on me! Lol! I'm such a tease!

      Delete
  4. You've got braids calling me now !! I miss Ghana :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! when are you visiting? i'll take u to the stylist lol!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, pls feel free to comment, contribute or ask questions xoxo Annette

Instagram