Products in My Natural Hair Care Routine

So my bestie Millie claims i'm a natural hair product junkie which i vehemently refuse! Well junkies never admit they have a problem bec...

So my bestie Millie claims i'm a natural hair product junkie which i vehemently refuse! Well junkies never admit they have a problem because to them they do not see any problems right? I vehemently refute that! So i decided to put all the products i currently have in my rotation together so that you can help me decide if i'm a product junkie or not.

My Hair Product Stash

So i'm going to be grouping them into different categories:
1. SHAMPOOS 



  • Tress n Derma Booster Shampoo (sulphate-free)
  • ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo 
  • EYA Naturals Black Soap Shampoo (sulphate-free)
  • Cioccolatina Equia Clay Shampoo (sulphate-free)
  • Dr. Schedu Keratin Kollagen Shampoo
  • Keracare Natural Textures Cleansing Cream (sulphate-free)
  • AfroRiri Honey Moisturizing Shampoo
  • Dark & Lovely Braids'n Weaves Scalp Wash 
  • Tresemme Naturals Vibrantly Smooth Shampoo (not pictured because i've left it at the salon)

2. CONDITIONERS


  • Tresemme Naturals Vibrantly Smooth Conditioner 
  • ORS HAIRepair Nourishing Conditioner (deep conditioner)
  • EYA Naturals Detangling Conditioner 
  • Tress n Derma Invigorating Conditioner (deep conditioner)

3. LEAVE-IN CONDITIONERS


  • Keracare Natural Textures Leave In Conditioner 
  • Curls & Naturals Leave-In Conditioner 
  • EYA Naturals Leave-in Lotion 
  • Creme of Nature Argan Oil Perfect 7 Leave-in Treatment

4. HAIR BUTTERS


  • AfroRiri Luxe Hair Butter 
  • Ridges Hair Pomade 
  • EYA Naturals Shea Body & Hair Butter 
  • AfroRiri Scalp and Hair Conditioner (not pictured because i've left it at the salon)

5. OILS


  • Daur Vatika Almond Enriched Hair Oil
  • AfroRiri Luxe Coconut Oil 
  • Sheabutter Cottage Haitian Black Castor Oil 
  • EYA Naturals Hot Oil Treatment 
  • Dabur Vatika Naturals Enriched Coconut Oil 
  • Sheabutter Cottage Avocado Oil 
  • Dark & Lovely Braids'n Weaves SOS Hairline 
  • Tress n Derma Daily Protection 10 oils 
  • Dabur Amla Gold Hair Oil 

6. STYLING


  • ORS Curls Unleashed Curl Defining Creme
  • ORS Curls Unleashed Curl Boosting Jelly
  • Design Essentials Defining Creme Gel 
  • Creme of Nature Argan Oil Perfect Edges 
  • Creme of Nature Argan Oil Style and Shine Foaming Mousse

7. OTHERS


  • Dark & Lovely Braids'n Weaves Scalp Soother
  • Dark & Lovely Braids'n Weaves Hair Refresher  




Uhm...... Ok so you be the judge! Product Junk-ism by my definition refers to the trait exhibited by the great urge or need to buy and have the latest products on the market. I normally do not go out of my way to get products. I mostly stick to what works for me. About 60% of the products here i was sent to try so i don't think it counts as product junk-ism no? I noticed from doing this post that its not all the products i currently use. Honestly, i had to wipe off the dust from some of these products. Some are quite old from 4 years ago *covers face*. Some are almost empty and some have never been used before. I believe this post is going to help me to use up some of the products, re-discover favourites and also get rid of products i do not like or that are past their expiry date. 


Sometimes we do not recognize the hidden cost of products if we buy and leave them to waste. Imagine if i'm to put the current prices of the items next to each product, calculate what is left and sum it up? Whiles being a product junkie is a bit costly i believe that you are able to try out different brands and then decide what your hair loves and what it doesn't. But it would be important to either use up the products or give them out to someone else who can benefit from using them. 

I hope you enjoyed this post. So tell me, was Millie right to call me a product junkie? Is your stash as big or smaller than mine? Do you spot any favourites? Please comment below would love to know.

Until the next post,
xoxo, Annette 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I use this after I blow-dry your hair to prevent water from diluting the tonic or prevent it from penetrating my scalp. My hairstylist also reminded me that the heat from the hairdryer will also open up the pores for better absorption. After blow drying to approximately 70% dry, I part my hair to show the scalp and drip it directly on the scalp via the nozzle. Using my fingertips, i massage my entire scalp for about a minute.
    hair color

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative.

    ors aloe shampoo clarifying shampoo
    ors olive oil creamy aloe shampoo

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, pls feel free to comment, contribute or ask questions xoxo Annette

Instagram