FOTD: Smoky Glam feat. Maybelline

I was bored, dumsor had struck me! I caught sight of my Maybelline goody bag. Then this happened! * sighs *What’s a girl gotta do when the ...

I was bored, dumsor had struck me! I caught sight of my Maybelline goody bag. Then this happened! *sighs*What’s a girl gotta do when the lights are off, laptop’s dead and phone’s dead? Thank God I don’t need electricity to apply my makeup! *whew*

Maybelline Ghana
FOTD: Glitter Gray Smoky Eyes with Pink Ombre Lips
In my last post I shared with you some amazing products which I received from Maybelline Ghana, if you haven’t seen it, check it here. When I started off this look, I didn’t know what to do but by the time I had done my brows I just knew it was going to be a dramatic look. Please remind me not to do my own makeup on my wedding day!

After I was done with the makeup however I realized that my current hairdo did not fit into the glam theme so I had to improvise real quick, natural hair woes. I quickly dashed to my mom’s room, please don't ask me why, saw this glitter muffler and just grabbed it. My brother just rolled his eyes at me and after I was done with the shoot I sent him a few pics guess what he called me? Hajia Beautique, hihi! If only I had a daring muslim bride this look would do perfectly for that too! I think i look a bit exotic or nah? 

 I used predominantly Maybelline products for this look and have listed them down below.

Face

Maybelline Powder 07 Caramel
Love the Dream Matte Mousse and the Clear Smooth All in One Powder combo!
Millk of magnesia as primer
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse in no 63
Maybelline Clear Smooth All in One Powder in 07 Caramel
LA Girl Pro Conceal Fawn as highlight, Dark Cocoa as contour


Eyes

For the smoky eyes, i did two things differently. I used a purple base instead of black and used also a dark glittery gray eyeshadow instead of black. How pretty this shade is! The effect of the glittery gray eyeshadow over the purple base is just beautiful. Too bad the camera didn't pick it up too well. 

Blending is key when doing a smoky eye! 

Davis Lipline Pencil in 003 to fill in brows
Milani Eyeshadow Primer in Nude
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Endless Purple as base 
Maybelline Diamond Glow by Eyestudio in Grey Pink Drama
Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 24h in Intense Black
Maybelline Colossal Kajal Eyeliner in Black 
Cherry Blossom False lashes no 1 


Cheeks
Sleek Face Form in Dark to contour 
Sleek Blush by 3 Sugar Palette 

I opted to keep the face simple are there was enough drama on the eyes and lips

Lips
I just wanted to show that smoky eyes could be paired with any colour lips. That’s the versatility. So I played with two different lip colours. Oh how I love the lipcolors from Maybelline, so creamy and pigmented and long lasting too!  

Pink Ombre:
Maybelline Hot Plum Lipstick
Looks like my big chop photo, lol! 
Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm in Pink Punch
Davis Accent Lipline Pencil in 019 (smoke purple)
Maybelline Colorsensational Lipcolor in Hot Plum 906
For the ombre I added a white shade in the middle of my lips and blended it.

Red Glam:
Maybelline Ghana
Lip combo: Red Revival and Neon Red 
Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm in Pink Punch
Davis Lipline Pencil in 004 (Brown)
Maybelline Colorsensational Lipcolor in Red Revival for outer lips

Maybelline Colorsensational Lipcolor in Neon red in the middle 

Looks good with the red lips too huh? 


So which Maybelline lipcolor combo is your favourite? Pink Ombre or Red Glam? For me i can't choose. I hope I have piqued your interest in getting some Maybelline products. Since the last post a lot of you have been asking where you can lay your hands on them. I will let you know very soon. 

Until the next post,
Maybe She's Flawless, Maybe It's Maybelline
xoxo, Annette

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Please do u have a shop in kumasi? If yes where please and if possible their contact

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, pls feel free to comment, contribute or ask questions xoxo Annette

Instagram