Hair of the Day: Twists

Hello, So its been a min since i last wrote a blog post. The wedding season has began and its super crazy during the weekends for me as a ...

Hello,
So its been a min since i last wrote a blog post. The wedding season has began and its super crazy during the weekends for me as a makeup artist and also as a guest. Anyways so since my last hair post, my hair is back in a protective style. Yes i remember i said i wasn't going to do any long term protective styles but because i knew i had a tight schedule which wont permit me to have the necessary time for my hair, i opted for it.


I decided to get twists this time round instead of braids as i havent done twists in ages. To be honest this is the second time i am doing twists in my entire life. The first time was some five years ago but i guess i wasn't enthused about it so i never had them done again. However this time  i'm absolutely loving it.

Here's what i'm loving about them:
  • It's lightweight and not bulky unlike braids
  • The size is just right, between small and medium
  • The stylist parted the hair evenly and parts are straight and with that i can part and style the twists any how in whatever direction I want.


Here's what i didn't like about them:
  • Installation time. Took ages! Unlike braids which my stylist was able to finish within 3 hours, these took about 5 hours! No joke at all!

So i used two packs of regular braiding hair ie expressions in colours 1 and Mauve or purple. Hairstylist cut hair length into 3, mixed the black and purple together and smoothed it with a wide tooth comb. She braided the base about half an inch before twisting. My hair had been washed then previous day and moisturized. I opted to blow dry it to stretch it out on low heat but you can use non heat methods for stretching the hair out. After she was done I applied The Haven Organics Hair Oil (review coming up shortly) to my scalp.

Anyways these twists will be in for a month and its week 3 already and not as frizzy as the braids will have gotten. I will see if I can wash it this weekend to see how it holds up. If you are interested in having the same just let me know and will connect you with the hairstylist, she's good with braids and twists. Hope this was helpful.
Until next time, stay fab!
Xoxo,
Annette

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I would love to hear from you, pls feel free to comment, contribute or ask questions xoxo Annette

Instagram