FOTD: Playing with my undressed palette

Hi Beauties, So lately i have been bored and you know what that means..... Playing with makeup. I opted to do something different that was ...

Hi Beauties,
So lately i have been bored and you know what that means..... Playing with makeup. I opted to do something different that was a bit bold. I pulled out my Undressed palette from MUA which is an exact dupe for the most popular Naked palette from Urban Decay. This palette is an exact dupe and offers a much cheaper alternative, it costs £4 whiles the naked palette is £35. What an amazing bargain! Below is a breakdown of the products and technique used.


MUA Undressed Palette




Face
For my foundation i choose my trusted New Skin Revive from Sleek. It's a silicon based foundation that is medium coverage but very buildable to full coverage. I chose to use it with my ELF stipling brush to get a slightly fuller coverage whiles giving that airbrushed effect. I then set my foundation with ELF Translucent Powder.

Eyes
I used the ELF Eyelid Primer to prep the entire of my eyelid and allowed it to set. This prolongs the longevity of the eye shadows and prevent creasing. I then patted onto the lid the 3 matte shades of the undressed palette, used the dark brown and bluish gunmetal shade for the crease and blended very well with a blending brush. I selected a burgundy shade from Sleek and blended it into the crease as well to slightly warm the crease. This look requires loads and loads of blending, so be patient and dont just slap on the eyeshadows. I lined my eyes with the ELF eyeliner and used the ELF mineral Infused Mascara.

Cheeks
On my cheeks i contoured using a dark reddish shade of concealor and went over that with MUA shade 19, a dark matte brown. This gave the effect of a warm contour. I patted and blended a coral blush from MeMeMe unto my cheeks.

Lips
I happen to try two different colours. 
First, i filled in my lips with a coral lip liner and applied MUA shade 11 lipstick, a nude coral, and then applied a clear gloss on top.
Second, i filled in my lips with a vampy purple lipliner which is a dupe for MAC Nightmoth and then went over that with pale pink glossy lipstick to lighten it a little.
And that's it! I really liked the purple lips but the coral isn't a bad choice if purple's not your cup of tea.

Quick Tip
Using a pointed tip blending brush to blend your crease eyeshadows reduces harsh lines and gives flawless finish.
Which lip color do you prefer? Kindly let me know. Well, untill later, stay fab beauties. Xoxo!!!
Annette


Option 1: Coral cloloured Lips

Lips filled in with dark vampy purple lipliner
Option 2: Purple Lips created by going over with a pale pink lipstick

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. wow this is very nice
    what lip liner is that and ur hair looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanx Ola! i presume you are referring to the purple liner? i got it from a set of 12 from ebay. Very cheap, you can check out the review on a post i have titled Bargain Alert http://naturalistagh.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/bargain-alert.html

      Delete
  2. Looking gorgeous again. I love the eye make-up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hun I nominated you for the Versatile blogger award
    details are on my blog would love if you could participate :)
    details are on my blog

    olaalaba.blogspot.ie

    ola

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, pls feel free to comment, contribute or ask questions xoxo Annette

Instagram