New Found Love: Revlon ColourStay

So I recently went to Superdrug to get some few products and try out a foundation, Revlon Photoready, which I had seen on a youtuber, Beau...


So I recently went to Superdrug to get some few products and try out a foundation, Revlon Photoready, which I had seen on a youtuber, BeautybyJJ. After trying it on a portion of my face, I found it to be a bit heavy, not an everyday wearable foundation but as the name suggests, it is very good if you are doing a photo shoot or would be taking photos as it brightens the face.
So I went ahead to try another foundation, Revlon ColourStay, Makeup with SoftFlex™, For oily/combination skin and I must say I absolutely LOVE it. The shade for my skin tone is Mahogany which is an exact match as it has a yellow undertone to match my skin tone. Perfect. What I love about it is the way it feels on the skin, like I got nothing on. It is so light yet gives the natural polished effect and still allows the skin to breathe. So, on the bottle it says:


  • ·         Oil free shine control
  • ·         Natural flawless look
  • ·         Transfer resistant
  • ·         Looks and feels fresh all day
  • ·         Soft Flex provides all day comfort


I must say it does all that’s written on it and am very impressed. Although it is not such a high end product like the MACs and MaryKays it does a much better job. If you are searching for a sheer to medium coverage foundation, for oily/ combination skin and do not want to spend a fortune I’d say go for this. It gives a natural, matt finish, very lightweight and I would say it’s my favorite liquid foundation so far. Others I have are the MAC Studio Fix Fluid, Mac Face and Body and Sleek New Skin Revive. You might say it is a lot but I have them for various reasons depending on the type of finish and coverage I am searching for. But this is now my go to, all time favorite liquid foundation, love it.
The cons however on this product is
·         It does not have a pump so you cannot control the amount you pour
·         Revlon does not have a wide range of choice for women of colour, the darkest shade being Mahogany, tut tut.
Anyways to apply this gorgeous foundation I’d recommend a stippling brush which gives a totally flawless look, stipple the foundation all over your face and buff to even it out, allowing to dry for 2 minutes and set it with any finishing/ translucent powder of your choice. I also used an ELF flat top brush and it gave an amazing finish.
So my dear friends, if you happen to search for the foundation that gives a more natural look, that breathable, for oily/combination skin, and most importantly less expensive, I’d say it’s the Revlon ColourStay. Have you come across it or perhaps use it? Let me know what you think. Those in Gh can check from the cosmetic shops along the Rawlings park or in the Makola Shopping Mall.
Love,
Annette.
P.S. If you have seen me recently and I am looking very flawless, here’s my secret….. lol

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. >My hair is short but I use my sisters hair products.
    >Is revlon safe for me?I fear verbal abuse madam please advice me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol are you talking abt revlon foundation or revlon hair products? lol this revlon foundation is suitable for oily to combination skin, so you shd be fine to use it

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, pls feel free to comment, contribute or ask questions xoxo Annette

Instagram